In April 2018, the UAE government launched the National Advanced Sciences Agenda 2031 and the 2021 Advanced Science Strategy, which falls under the Agenda 2031. The 2031 Agenda aims to utilise advanced sciences in the development and creation of solutions to future challenges and support the government's efforts to achieve the objectives of Vision 2021 and Centennial Plan 2071 through three consecutive strategies starting with 2021 Advanced Science Strategy.
The 2031 Agenda sets out eight scientific priorities up to 2031 and 30 scientific targets up to 2021. The eight scientific priorities aim to make the most of all strategic natural resources in the country through:
- national capacity-building
- promoting the sustainable energy sector
- enhancing water security using advanced and clean technology
- developing advanced scientific food security system
- addressing health challenges in the UAE through a national scientific system
- developing advanced industries sector
- building a system of logistical support based on scientific studies and data
- creating a strategic industries complex.
The agenda also aims to develop four enablers which are:
- economic information services
- a coherent scientific community
- a supportive technology
- an entrepreneurship in science and technology.
Read news coverage relating to the launch of National Advanced Sciences Agenda 2031 on WAM and Gulf News.
Updated on 30 May 2019