In order to boost the values of tolerance and coexistence and to reject attitudes of discrimination and hatred, the UAE Cabinet approved National Tolerance Programme. The programme, launched in June 2016, is based on seven key pillars:
- The UAE's Constitution
- Zayed's legacy and ethics of the UAE
- international conventions
- archaeology and history
- common values.
The programme will be implemented in collaboration with federal and local entities under five main themes:
- strengthen government's role as an incubator of tolerance
- consolidate the role of family in nation building
- promote tolerance among young people and prevent them from fanaticism and extremism
- enrich scientific and cultural content
- integrate international efforts to promote tolerance and highlight the leading role of UAE in this area.
The programme includes a number of initiatives such as 'Tolerance Week', 'The UAE Tolerance Centre' and 'The Tolerance Responsibility Programme'.
Read more on:
Updated on 29 Aug 2019