Register on job portals
You can register on job portals and create an account free of cost. You might need to pay to get optional extra services in some of the job portals.
After registration, keep looking for vacancies and apply accordingly. If you land a job through a job portal, you are not required to pay commission to any party; neither to the recruiting company nor to the company behind the job portal.
Government job portals:
Private job portals:
Search at online job fairs
Several job fairs are held in the UAE. They provide job seekers with the opportunity to get to know participating organisations, their roles and job vacancies within. These are particularly good for fresh graduates as it helps them to decide on the industry in which they could build a career. Job fairs also offer networking opportunity for jobseekers.
Some of the job fairs in the UAE are:
Look through classifieds
Job vacancies are posted in the classifieds section of online and print publications. Almost all newspapers have a classifieds section. The job vacancies are posted in both, online and print editions. In the UAE, newspapers are published in several languages. English and Arabic are the main languages.
Below are links to the classifieds section of some of the English newspapers in the UAE:
The following are exclusively dedicated to classifieds:
If you are looking for a job from outside the UAE, you can search for jobs in the 'overseas jobs' or similar section in the newspapers in your country.
You can send your CV to licensed recruitment agencies in the UAE. The agency will contact you in case there is a job opening suitable for your qualifications and interests.
Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation grants licences of recruitment agencies to UAE citizens only.
Job seekers are not required to pay money to any recruitment agency as the onus to pay such fees lies with the employers.
You can refer to the ministry to check for licensed companies or raise a complaint, if needed.
Look through websites
You can also look through the careers pages and register on the careers section of websites of organisations you wish to join.
Federal and local government entities announce job vacancies on their websites. You can apply through their websites.
Tips to land a job
- Start with an impressive covering letter and an honest CV.
- Keep your CV updated.
- Be diligent and regular in searching. Do not give up mid-way.
- Check for the email ID from which you receive job offers. It should reflect the domain name of the organisation.
- Do not pay. If the hiring company or the agency asks you for money to process the visa or medical test, it is not a genuine company.
- Learn Arabic. Knowledge of Arabic (at least speaking) would be an advantage.
- Keep yourself updated about your field of work.
- Be realistic about your earning potential.
- Grow your network.
- Increase your general knowledge about the region and its social and cultural value system.
Updated on 07 Jun 2018