Cost of visas
Ministry of Interior published a visa application fees list (in Arabic) which includes the various types of entry permits and residency permits applicable across all Northern Emirates and Abu Dhabi. Note that the fees differ slightly in each emirate.
An additional fee of AED 100 applies if the visa service is requested on an urgent basis. If you are applying for visa online, you can check the time required to process on the service card of the visa applied for.
Overstaying your visa
Tourists and visit visa holders have a grace period of 10 days. If a tourist or a visitor overstays beyond the grace period, he will be fined with
- AED 200 for the first day of overstay
- AED100 each consecutive day
- AED 100, as service fees.
In the case of UAE residents, they have 30 days’ grace period after visa expiry to either amend their status and get another residence visa or leave the country. Fines do not apply during the grace period.
If they overstay after the grace period, they will be fined with
- AED 125 for the first day
- AED 25 for each subsequent day.
- AED 50 per day after six months of overstaying
- AED 100 per day after one year of overstaying
Check details with GDRFA in your respective emirate.
- Fines table - General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs – Ajman
- Guarantees table - General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs – Ajman
Modifying visa status
Under the Ministerial Resolution No. 377 of 2014, holders of all types of visas can modify the status of their entry while staying in the country if they wish to transfer it into a residency visa. Modifying visa status into residency visa applies after meeting required terms and conditions and payment of AED 550 fee in lieu of leave. However, the applicant must do this before the expiry of his current visa to avoid any penalties.
For more information regarding work visa process, refer to the jobs section.
Updated on 23 Jan 2020